VRV Srl, part of Chart Industries Inc., is an international Industrial Company
that operates in the design and manufacture of pressure equipment
for the Refining, Petrochemical, Fertilizer, Oil & Gas and Cryogenic industries.
For our New Automotive Business Unit based in our Northen Italy Manufacturing Plant we are looking for a
Independent, results oriented and self-motivated Mechanical Engineer to provide a variety of Engineering and technical service support activities for automotive products manufactured.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Support the product design and documentation for for automotive products manufactured.
- Collaborate on product design changes with the Headquarter facility design team based in the U.S.
- Introduce product design changes within the assembly facility and obtain feedback on feasibility.
- Collaborate on product structures, bills of material and manufacturing drawings with the Headquarter facility design team based in the U.S.
- Initiates and manages changes via the Engineering Change Request process.
- Provide technical information and specifications for components, assemblies and final products.
- Support interdepartmental teams to evaluate manufacturability of products, improve production efficiency, assess tooling requirements, and estimating labor/material.
- Provide direct manufacturing support to resolve production problems.
- Provide support and engineering documentation for technical inquiries from customers.
- Support in defining and communicating product /component specifications to suppliers for new products or special customer projects.
- Work with interdepartmental teams to ensure continuous compliance to ISO 9001, TS 16949 and IATF 16949 standards.
- Understand relevant standards (ISO, NFPA, SAE etc)
- Observe and practice safety procedures and policies.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- BS degree required, preferably in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 4 to 7 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
- Experience in the Heavy Truck or Automotive Industry as an OEM supplier or OEM manufacturer.
- Proven experience with 3D modeling and design utilizing AutoCAD/Inventor and/or SolidWorks a plus.
- Exposure to ERP
- Basic Understanding of Cryogenic Liquids and their properties.
- Understanding of heat transfer and vacuum insulation.
- Heavy truck, automotive or diesel engine experience as related to fuel delivery and electrical systems a plus.
- Knowledge of APQP, PPAP, FMEA, Control Plans, etc a plus
- Fluent knowledge of English
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter and a team player.
- Customer service orientation.