We are currently recruiting for the position of Lifeguard (Ship) for Disney Cruise Line.
Operates and oversees all water-based and recreation spaces onboard the ship, including opening and closing, monitoring safety, assessing volume and observing general activity around pool areas and slides. Sets up and provides guests with equipment in shipboard recreation spaces including sports decks, ping pong, shuffleboard, foosball, miniature golf and sports simulators. Assists the Port Adventures team as needed, including dispatching tours, operating the sales desk, stuffing envelopes and delivering pre-booked tickets. This position has high guest interaction.
- Minimum two years recent work experience in a lifeguard capacity, in a pool setting; high volume environment
- Ability to pass a pre-hire swim test and successfully complete lifeguard training (conducted upon arrival in Orlando, Florida). This includes (but is not limited to) the ability to swim proficiently a distance of 50 yards (45.72 meters) continuously using freestyle and/or breaststroke (untimed) and retrieve a 10–pound brick using a feet-first surface dive, beginning from a treading water position (the "Swimming Requirement”). This test will be completed in a pool. Certification requirements must also be maintained throughout contract
- Ability to detect and respond to noises and distress signals in an aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility
- Must be able to observe all sections of an assigned zone or area of responsibility
- Ability to pass a vision screening with at least 20/25 vision, corrected or uncorrected
- High level of fitness including strong swimming abilities
- Strong English oral and written communication
- Bilingual or multilingual abilities a plus
- Experience in a lifeguard capacity in an open water setting a plus
- Previous experience with boats, snorkel equipment, or other recreational equipment a plus
excellent recruitment is the agent and recruiting on behalf of Disney Cruise Line.