Key Account Manager (Hepatology/Rare Disease), Central Italy
Job Title: Key Account Manager (Hepatology/Rare Disease)
Location: Italy Field based (Toscana, Marche, Umbria, Bologna, Imola)
At Intercept, our mission is to build a healthier tomorrow for patients with progressive non-viral liver diseases. Intercept’s lead product, obeticholic acid (OCA), is a first-in-class farnesoid X receptor (FXR) agonist marketed under the brand name "Ocaliva®" in the U.S., EU and Canada for the treatment of patients with primary biliary cholangitis (PBC), a rare autoimmune liver disease. Ocaliva® was the first medication to be approved for PBC in over twenty years, and sales continue to grow more than four years after its initial approval in 2016.
Intercept has also established the leading clinical development program in advanced fibrosis due to nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), a disease that impacts the lives of millions of people in the U.S. alone. Currently, there are no available treatments for NASH, and the REGENERATE study of OCA remains the only Phase 3 trial to have generated positive results in the disease. A second Phase 3 trial, REVERSE, is evaluating OCA in patients with compensated cirrhosis due to NASH, with results expected in 2021.
People at Intercept are passionate about patients. You’ll see their photos lining our walls and hear their stories in town halls. We’re equally passionate about our team and ensuring each member reaches their potential. We brave new challenges together. That’s how we find better ways to get things done and break down barriers. It’s also how we make it fun to work here.
At Intercept, we foster an environment that celebrates creativity, collaboration, and mutual respect. We never hesitate to lean on our teammates and work together. Our relatively small size means you partner with accessible leaders who know you by name. This brings accountability and growth, which all add up to more opportunities to learn something new every day. A strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is engrained in both our culture and our business. For self-motivated leaders who are ready to make a difference in the lives of patients, Intercept is a great place to be.
As Intercept continues to build its position as the leader in progressive non-viral liver disease, we are seeking Key Account Manager to join our Italian team.
Ideally based in Toscana or Bologna, reporting to the Associate Director National Sales, Italy, the Hepatology Key Account Manager will be ICPT Therapeutics’ direct link to health care professionals (doctors and hospital pharmacists) and payors in the territory of Toscana, Marche, Umbria, Bologna, and Imola, with responsibility for sales, brand positioning, communication of the clinical and economic benefits of the product, building relationships, educating staff, and identifying new opportunities for commercial and Local access growth. Success will be defined by accelerating broad access to patients in a rare disease for Intercept’s innovation.
This role is fully accountable for Intercept’s sales, local access and product adoption in the assigned territory, whilst recognizing that Intercept is a matrix organization and that strong collaboration with other relevant functions is needed to achieve the goal.
The successful candidate must be able to perform each of the following satisfactorily:
- Call on targeted health care professionals (Hepatologists, Gastroenterologists and Pharmacists) in his/ her territory to deliver disease and product related information in accordance with the Summary of Product Characteristic and Decree n. 219 /2006 and its amendments
- Collect observations on side effects and counter-indications/risks of drug and notify the Pharmacovigilance Department.
- Develop and execute integrated accounts action plans across all relevant areas of the communication mix
- Achieve the defined territory goals
- Align with Market Access to plan, implement and monitor Regional budgets
- Establish and maintain quality and trustful relationship within the relevant medical community opinion leaders, hospital pharmacists and other relevant stakeholders
- Maintain a current and comprehensive clinical and pharmacoeconomic knowledge of the product
- Support disease awareness through appropriate scientific information and education (programs) to HCPs
- Timely and accurate feeding of the CRM system and submitting of managerial reports
- Collaborate with other key functions including Regional Access Managers and MSLs to share best practice and to create opportunities for appropriate product adoption
- Organize staff meetings in hospitals / or support Medical Department as appropriate
- Ensure that all activities comply with regulatory agencies, public policies/guidelines, and with corporate policies and procedures
Patient Journey development:
- Strategically analyze the Patient Journey at account and territory level to identify gaps and help building solutions
- Support Marketing in its competitive landscape analysis and Assist Customer Service on order management
- Closely collaborate with Market Access to raise Institutional awareness of existing gaps Facilitate cross-collaboration between centers and their stakeholders to optimize patient care
- Understand and describe access process, steps and requirements in assigned accounts
- Closely collaborate with Regional Market Access Manager to interact with identified payers to support the access administrative process at account level
- Anticipate, identify and resolve access and reimbursement issues at account level
- Identify key treatment vs referral centres in assigned territory
As a relatively new company, it is important that people joining Intercept combine strong skills and robust experience with high level of energy, entrepreneurial approach and collaborative spirit to revert in positive the continuous evolving climate and uncertainties
- Understand the legal and compliance environment and drive collaboration with the Legal and Compliance team
- Drive the spirit of "ONE Team" across all functions by supporting a team approach to focus on our patients and customers as our top priorities
- Make Intercept a truly desired place to work
Keyword: Key Account Manager (Hepatology/Rare Disease), Italy
- Life Science Degree or higher post graduate qualification
- Fluent in Italian. B1 in English or above
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Significant pharmaceutical / biotech industry commercial experience Product Specialist roles in specialty care / rare disease or orphan drug company is required (experience in hepatology may be a plus)
- Experience in Market Access (KAM) or Customer Marketing roles would be a highly appreciated plus
- Proven track record of exceeding goal targets in former roles
- Experience in building-up a business "from scratch" would also be considered a plus
- Ability to learn, understand, translate into simple messages and clearly communicate complex technical information
- Responsible and accountable for his/her own work, and will share collective responsibilities with others
- Demonstrate high level communication and interpersonal skills - someone who engages with others and can impact, influence and inspire confidence both internally and externally. Confident, mature and a flexible individual, (s)he will demonstrate an ability to adapt to different cultures, situations and personalities and build long-term relationships
- Organized personality and having a 'closer' mentality: independent, pro-active and being results oriented
- Literate of computer / IPAD and reporting tools (ex. Concur, CRM. etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Learning agility and ‘scalability’ to take on increasing responsibility as Intercept grows
- Consistent demonstration and embodiment of company core values: Come Together, Be Yourself, Own the Solution, Embrace the Challenge, Keep Exploring
- Understanding the legal and compliance environment
- Ability to have fun!
This is a unique opportunity to make a huge impact as individual contributor in the Italian Commercial team, and to play a key role in the success of the expansion of Intercept Italy. Excellent remuneration packager on offer.
To apply, please send an up-to-date cv and cover letter in English no later than 1st October 2021
From: Intercept Pharmaceuticals