Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies. Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries, with 470 companies and nearly 80,000 employees. Our Group aims to become the standard bearer and industry leader in the European retail insurance market, building on our existing base of 50 million retail clients, out of an overall total of 72 million.
Generali Investments Holding S.p.A. guarantees a solid framework of services designed to support various asset management activities. Key elements include the provisioning of IT services over all applications underpinning the investment and asset management value chain (Front Office, Trading Desk, Investment Compliance, Middle and Back Office, Analytics and Reporting, etc.) The company also acts as a holding company, retaining share capital in the boutiques and Generali Investments’ companies.
The Investments Legal Affairs department is in charge of managing the legal risks/ providing legal assistance for all the investments activities performed by the Business Unit, in particular with respect to the activities carried out by Generali Insurance Asset Management SGR and Generali Investments Partners SGR.
Under the responsibility of the Head of Investments Legal Affairs of Generali Investments Holding S.p.A., the candidate’s key tasks and responsibilities shall regard the following areas of business:
- Fixed Income securities: reviewing and negotiating the issuance documents (including term sheet, prospectuses/offering documents, T&Cs, subscription documents, etc.) relating to bonds, notes, asset-backed securities and complex products, as well as providing assistance with waiver requests, restructuring or corporate actions relating to these products (e.g., LME, early repayments, standstill and renegotiations, etc.);
- Private Assets and Illiquid Investments: drafting, reviewing and negotiating all transaction documents relating to private markets and illiquid investments (including fund rules, LPAs, IMAs, Service Agreements, Advisory Agreements, subscription documents, etc.), including private debt and private equity funds and vehicles, providing assistance throughout the whole investment process (from structuring and due diligence up to signing and closing);
- Special Situations and Financial Participations: drafting, reviewing and negotiating all transaction documents (including NDA, MoU, Term Sheet, Investment Agreement, SPA, SHA, etc.) relating to special situations and distressed exposures (both debt and equity exposures), as well as the management of legacy positions and new debt/equity investments throughout the whole investment process, up to closing;
- Multi-boutique Platform: drafting, reviewing and negotiating all transaction documents (e.g., NDA, MoU, Term Sheet, Investment Agreement, SPA, SHA, etc.) relating to the establishment and/or the acquisition of new investment companies, including through joint-ventures and/or strategic partnerships, as well as the ongoing management of such new ventures (e.g., amendments to the partnerships’ terms, investment activities, etc.); and
- General assistance: providing day-to-day general legal assistance and advisory to all the companies within the Unit’s perimeter, leading legal negotiations with all involved stakeholders and coordinating external legal counsels throughout the various projects.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Master’s Degree in law;
- Fluent Italian and English (oral and written) is a must, very good knowledge of other languages is an advantage;
- Good knowledge of Word and Excel;
- Previous experience in the asset management industry;
- Strong communication skills and team player attitude
- Good interpersonal skills
- Easily adapt to different environments and situation and able to cope with stressful situations
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
Generali is proud to be an inclusive employer that considers applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, religion, political views, marital status or philosophy of life.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation or assistance, we will support you during the selection process.