Thanks for checking out our job description for QA Engineer at Photologo. We felt a little bit impersonal just throwing you right there with words like "disrupting" or "hyper-super-mega-growth".
As such, we want you to know that the person that wrote this job description apologises in advance for any clichés or sudden panic attacks that you might find in the description below.
What is Photologo?
Photologo is helping people improve their individual brand creating the most astonishing hand-made signatures in the globe. We're incredibly confident in our product after years of getting the best of the best compliments from our clients around the world. They love it, we love it.
We're a growing remote-first team of exceptional people split across engineering, product, marketing and operations that have built a thriving, active, supportive community.
Where is Photologo going?
We're always innovating with new products and ways to enhace people's brand. While we're still a relatively small company, we overachieve our goals year by year and we're getting bigger and bigger. If you're looking for an exciting adventure and to be part of something that makes thousands of people happy, look no further.
A brief overview of what you will be doing here
We are looking for a QA engineer to assess software quality through manual and automated testing. You will be ensuring that product releases meet functional and business requirements. You will be reporting all deviations from expected behavior by opening defects and ensuring they are resolved before product releases are made generally available. You will be responsible for writing test plans and executing test cases. You should have a keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills and passionate about quality. You will be working closely with the engineering manager to help improve and fine tune our testing strategy & methodology.
- Identify, isolate, and track defects throughout testing
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases . Implement test automation
- Ensure products meet customer expectations and demand
- Ensure products meet performance & reliability targets
- Create reports documenting errors and issues for fixing
- Work closely with the development team to cover their sprint regression testing
- Participating in daily calls and report on the progress of the testing to the team
- Works closely with the engineering manager to keep on improving and fine tuning the testing strategy
You should join us if you have
- 3 to 5 years of hands-on experience in testing data driven software application in an agile environment
- Understanding of web application architecture and concepts
- Ability to communicate effectively and actively participate in calls with the development team to understand requirements
- Strong analytical skills
Where will you work?
This is a remote position. This means you can work from anywhere. Anywhere! Our only preference is that you are based in a country close to GMT+2 as that's where our Head of Technology is.
We are a remote-first company, you'll find that the team is spread across the globe. This was a very deliberate choice to prioritise work-life balance and being able to tap into talent no matter its location, whilst fostering diversity.
What will you get in return?
- We reward our team with competitive salaries and regular reviews.
- Flexible working hours with a few core hours, meaning you can plan your work day around your own schedule.
- Flexible time-off, upon agreement with a manager.
- Fun and inclusive monthly virtual meetups, work-talk is not allowed in these!
If your answer is 'yes' and you are really excited to learn more then please don't wait a second to apply and we'll be in touch should there be an initial match. We're looking forward to meeting you!