Direttore di Stabilimento
1428808 | Amazon Italia Transport Srl
Delivery Station Manager – Amazon Logistics
As the Site Leader, you will lead a team comprising Operations Managers, Shift Managers, Operations Supervisors and Operations Assistants, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure that performance objectives are met, building positive employee relations and bench strength for the organization. Being successful in this role means you will continuously improve the efficiency of delivery processes and instill a culture of customer obsession, safety, and best-practice sharing.
If you have a quality focused, customer obsessed industry background which carries with it experience of working in a fast paced, ever changing and ambiguous environment (such as manufacturing, the military or engineering for example) we'd love to hear from you.
- Managing an environment concerning the delivery of Amazon orders direct to our customers, subject to ever rising volume and complexity, operating on a 24/7 basis
- Managing day-to-day relationships with multiple Delivery Service Providers (DSPs)
- Driving operational goals and metrics for your Delivery Station. Communicating the vision to your team
- Presenting operational metrics regularly to the senior leadership team.
- Problem-solves for closing gaps between performance and goals.
- Hires and develops top talent. Creates and implements a talent plan for the site including talent acquisition, performance and career management, learning and development, succession planning, and employee engagement.
- Works with key business partners such as Transport & Sortation, DSP Management, Finance, Loss Prevention, IT, HR, ACES and Engineering
At Amazon, our motto is “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.” This is an exciting opportunity to make history by becoming a founding member of a team whose purpose is to solve complex challenges creating unprecedented customer experiences on a daily basis. We’re looking for creative leaders with a passion for innovation, a knack for problem solving, and a passion to create world class customer experiences that will change the face of commerce.
- +5 years' direct management experience, comprising both a salaried workforce, hourly and agency strong workforce, in a logistics, manufacturing, engineering, production or distribution environment
- Experience with planning, performance metrics, process improvement, and lean techniques
- Experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions, and terminations
- Strong analytical capability; track record of digging into data and finding solutions for a variety of operational problems
- Flexibility to work a variety of hours as business demands, including overnight, weekends and holidays
- Excellent communication skills (including local language and English, written and verbal)
- Must have degree level, ideally gained in Engineering, Operations or related logistics field.
- Experience managing third party resources on a regional/national scale
- Experience managing contingent workforce in a business with peak seasons
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR C.V. IN ENGLISH
- Lean manufacturing/six sigma Certification
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary and stock units, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
There are other, more intangible rewards too. Like our commitment to your development, a refreshing lack of hierarchy, the chance to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, plenty of team spirit and an informal atmosphere – suits and ties are few and far between.
Operations make sure we live up to our promise: to deliver Earth’s biggest selection of products around the world come rain, hail or snow. We want to be a company where customers from every country will recognise, value and trust our products and our services. But getting the right product to the right place at the right time – every time – is no easy task.
Explore our website – check out the stores, read some customer reviews and learn about our programmes. You can also visit our investor relations and PR sites to have a look at our last annual report and read recent announcements about partnerships and product launches.
Yes, we’ll expect a lot of you and we’ll stretch you constantly with all sorts of challenges. But you’ll never feel like you’re going it alone. We’ll give you all the help you need to do the best job possible and encourage you to develop every day. Plus you’ll be part of a supportive team, working with colleagues, learning from them and collaborating to get the job not just done, but done brilliantly. And with all of us behind you, you’ll achieve more than you ever thought you
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.