Job Number 21005389
Job Category Revenue Management
Location W Rome, 26/36 Via Liguria, Rome, Città Metropolitana di Roma, Italy VIEW ON MAP (https://www.google.com/maps?q=W+Rome%2C26%2F36+Via+Liguria%2CRome%2CCitt%C3%A0+Metropolitana+di+Roma%2CIT)
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Management
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
The W Rome, a hotel belonging to Marriott International is currently recruiting for a Director of Revenue Management.
The role is responsible for: balancing the financial objectives of different lodging products to maximize total revenues and profit associated with guest rooms; for pricing, positioning and inventory of all hotels within area of purview; developing and recommending sales strategy for pricing of the transient customer, wholesale, and group segments; Identifying new revenue opportunities and effectively communicates sales strategy and pricing to all key stakeholders; maintaining productive relationships with stakeholders, including hotel General Managers, sales leaders, franchisees and owners
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
· Analyzes information, identifies current and potential problems and proposes solutions.
· Analyzes period end and other available systems data to identify trends, future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals.
· Generates updates on transient segment each period and continually analyzes transient booking patterns.
· Assists with account diagnostics process and validates conclusions.
· Maintains accurate reservation system information.
· Checks distribution channels regularly for hotel positioning, information accuracy and competitor positioning.
· Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
· Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
· Observes, receives, and otherwise obtains information from all relevant sources.
· Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
· Analyzes weekly and monthly STAR information to assist in analyzing past strategies; identifies areas needing improvement, identifies competitor set strengths, and develops strategies to best capture available Market Share.
· Analyze STAR information to assist in development of RevPAR Index forecasts.
· Generates yearly room revenue budget.
Managing Revenue Management Strategy
· Provides critical input to property leaders for development of market sales strategy.
· Provides revenue management functional expertise and leadership to general managers and property leadership teams
· Implements and evaluates revenue tests.
· Ensures that sales strategies and rate restrictions are communicated, implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
· Assists hotels with pricing and provides input on business evaluation recommendations.
· Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue management processes.
· Ensures property diagnostic processes (PDP) are used to maximize revenue and profits.
Building Successful Relationships
· Communicates brand initiatives, demand and market analysis to hotels/clusters/franchise partners/owners.
· Communicates market direction to revenue management, sales and hotel leaders.
· Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintains them over time.
· Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
· Provides targeted and timely communication of results, achievements and challenges to the stakeholders.
· Informs and/or updates executives, peers and subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
· Enters, transcribes, records, stores, or maintains information in written or electronic form.
· Works with other people to gather the information necessary to manage projects, achieve goals, and resolve problems.
· Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
· Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Education and Experience
· 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major;
· 3-5 years of experience in the revenue management
· Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace
· Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
o Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges Revenue Management - Knowledge of revenue management concepts, processes and strategies such as average daily rate, revenue per available room, sales cycles and trends, account management, pricing and inventory management. Skill in using a Yield Management system and interpreting pricing and inventory reports.
o Research - Skill in collecting information from a variety of sources relating to market data, historical cycles, travel and tourism trends, and real estate market dynamics. The ability to know when to seek addition information and where to look to find it.
o Computer Skills - The willingness to learn and ability to use computer systems and software packages to input, access, modify, store, or output information or to execute programs and analyses. This includes the ability to enter and retrieve data from computer systems using a keyboard, mouse, or trackball.
o Economics and Finance - Knowledge of economic principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
o Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of sales and marketing concepts including principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products or services as well as marketing strategies and tactics.
o Analysis - The ability to analyze and summarize detailed data including the creation and maintenance of spreadsheets for storing data.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Explore our very big world
As a world-class leader in the travel industry, there’s no better place than Marriott International to make your mark. Joining us, you’ll get to entertain and meet people from all over the world as you build your experience. You’ll find a place where your personality and ideas are appreciated just as much as the work you do. Moreover, you’ll grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options. If you have the natural ability to communicate and enjoy working with others, we welcome you to join our global family.
You’re welcomed here
Our highest priority is making you feel as welcome as our guests. We want you to know you’re important to us and that you’ll make an impact in your role, and for that, you’ll be appreciated and valued.
_Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws._