At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
We are now recruiting for the Senior Manager, Financial Analysis, who will support the FP&A Associate director in the Financial Business Partnership of BMS Oncology Portfolio Strategy that consist of the launch of new products and the continued support to Opdivo and Yervoy indications already commercialized for some indications (Opdivo and Yervoy: around $200M Net Sales per year).
The Senior Manager, Financial Analysis will be responsible for BMS Opex (Direct Product Expenses - DPE, Cost Centers and Personnel Related) implementing a monthly analysis of variances of Actual vs Budget/Projection for Management decision.
The Senior Manager, Financial Analysis will lead also Opex consolidated cost for BMS and CLG (Direct Product Expenses -DPE, Cost Centers and Personnel Related) for Corporate reporting, planning and Analysis.
The Senior Manager, Financial Analysis will be responsible to implement an Opex Executive Summary for Management to communicate monthly Opex variances vs Budget to allow quick decision and actively collaborate with business partners to ensure optimal allocation of resources (Monthly Resource Allocation).
The Senior Manager, Financial Analysis will contribute to the strategic planning process, budget and mid-year projections for Sales, Opex and P&L. He/She will ensure constant monitoring and reporting of respective Product P & L, in compliance with Company policies and of the Group's planning and control policies.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Represent the first Finance point of reference for the supported Business Units and Directions (Oncology), taking care to seek proactively opportunities for budget respect, resource optimization and mitigation of risks.
- Be responsible for the budget process management and mid-year projections for the supported Business Units and Directions (Oncology).
- Be responsible for monitoring and analysis of Product P & L for the supported Business Unit (Oncology), ensuring constant reporting activities, in compliance with Company policies and of the Group's planning and control policies.
- Ensure the monthly verification of the actual monthly data (accounting records) and its validation before the monthly / quarterly and year-end closings.
- Coordinate the analysis and explanation of variances of all OPEX, proposing corrective actions to the Line Manager and supported Business Units.
- Ensure that all budget holders are fully aware of their responsibilities and assume the ownership of their financial results and the impact that these have on the local performance targets.
- Drive users to a conscious use of financial information systems (e.g. SAP), through training and development of ad hoc reporting.
- Monthly analysis of OPEX (BMS and Combined Company) between Actual and BGT/Projection and Executive Summary reporting for Management decision.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required
- Master’s Degree in Economics / Business Administration;
- Charted Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) or equivalent is highly recommended
- Post Graduate in an international school considered as a plus
- 10+ years’ experience in in broad financial roles in multinational companies, including both controlling roles and business partnership roles.
- Experience in: Periodic financial planning & reporting activities; Analyzing financial results and recommending and implementing necessary actions to maximize the business returns and enhance the operation performance; Support MEA (Management Entry Agreement) implementation and analysis to support Market Access activities
- Support understanding of business performances and business decisions. Driving peers to execute business as usual activities and to implement project initiatives, aimed at improving the existing processes / systems / tools.
- Solid commercial understanding at Local and Corporate level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, high sense of urgency & creative thinking.
- Excellent analytical, abstract reasoning & organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
- Advanced MS Office skills with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in Italian and English.
L’appartenenza alle categorie protette, lg. 68/99 costituirà titolo preferenziale.
What’s important to us
Employees are expected to display the BMS Values, which move us toward our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases:
Passion: Our dedication to learning and excellence helps us to deliver exceptional results.
Innovation: We pursue disruptive and bold solutions for patients.
Urgency: We move together with speed and quality because patients are waiting.
Accountability: We all own BMS’ success and strive to be transparent and deliver on our commitments.
Integrity: We demonstrate ethics, integrity and quality in everything we do for patients, customers and colleagues.
Inclusion: We embrace diversity and foster an environment where we can all work together at our full potential.
We have a passion for tackling the toughest diseases, which inspires innovation and speed in our daily work and a sense of accountability to the patients we serve.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.