1426595 | Amazon Italia Logistica S.R.L.
As we continue to open up more managerial opportunities, we’re seeking a savvy, motivated Site Controller to join our growing Fulfilment & Operations network. You’ll function as the trusted finance manager, business partner and advisor, supporting fellow Amazonians to really understand their financial decisions.
We’re working to become the most customer-centric company on Earth: come and teach us a few things about finance, and we’ll teach you few things in return.
About this key role:
In this role you’ll do far more than handle spreadsheets. Our ideal finance manager doesn’t just handle our books and make our ends meet; they contribute to bring the company forward.
So while one aspect of this role is about understanding our numbers and budgets, equal aspects of the position require the big vision and attitude of a reliable Finance Manager. You’ll make huge impact, not just on the bottom line performance of your Fulfilment Centre, but on the overall customer experience.
You’ll employ every facet of finance data mining to ensure your partners, colleagues and leaders have the most up to date, reliable information at hand, supporting them make the best possible financial decisions they can.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Promoting and encouraging recruiting efforts forward across the network, to continually hire and develop the best professionals,
- Handling and participating in finance and accounting activities across several locations,
- Implementing policies and programmes that guide Operations towards maintaining and improving its current position and profitability,
- Partner with your team, by coordinating all weekly and monthly financial activities, including forecasting, planning and reporting,
- Working with data source providers and technology teams, ensuring that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or a related discipline,
- Proven expertise in finance management, evaluation, and swift analysis: you always deliver meaningful business reporting,
- Proven analytical, financial understanding in delivering forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis, as well as data interpretation of business impact and results,
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel (e.g. using pivots, lookups, and so on),
- Proven familiarity with Italian GAAP Accounting standards.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR C.V. IN ENGLISH
- Holding professional certification (CPA/CMA, etc.) relevant to the role
- Advanced problem solving and root cause analysis ability, combined with confident communication skills for conveying your conclusions,
- You’re highly analytical, detail-oriented and bring a solid sense of business knowledge: you have a proven history of handling new ideas and creative solutions,
- You have experience of working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (e.g. SQL, MS Access, Essbase and/or Cognos), alongside other financial systems (e.g. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards),
- Previous experience as a manager in a Manufacturing, Distribution Centre or Logistics environment
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our growth. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your enthusiasm to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.