1318429 | Amazon Italia Transport Srl
We are Amazon; we pioneer
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. That can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren’t content with just standing still. We’re aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to be a part of a progressive, flexible and innovative work environment and are excited by the opportunity to build something new, we need unusually customer-focused, data driven and inventive people to help us.
You will be responsible for guiding a team of Shift Managers, Operations Supervisors, Operations Assistants and Delivery Service Providers. Therefore, a major element of your day-to-day responsibilities will be creatively supervising external agency relationships, alongside overall site performance.
Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will oversee operations and delivery, focusing on effective order fulfilment to continuously delight our valued Amazon customers. Moreover, you will work on meeting KPIs such as delivery on time, first time delivery achievement and enhancing customer service. You will also direct meetings, assign work as well as communicate with internal and external suppliers.
In the day-to-day responsibilities of your role, you’ll support the implementation of new systems and processes. Moreover, as you build your understanding of Amazon’s Logistics and business protocols, you’ll study and analyse workflows. This will enable you to design meaningful, impactful solutions, while mapping business requirements.
While you achieve the above, you’ll continuously utilise software and hardware tools to ensure optimum operational performance. Regarding the teams you work with, you’ll ensure all employees under your management have the proper tools they need to perform their job roles. Finally, you’ll communicate daily metrics, while reporting any exceptions to other Operations departments, and even wider Amazonian teams as and when required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualification,
- You are fluent in Italian and English
- You can mobilize and encourage your team. You can establish the specific (or concrete, day-to-day) plans, projects and goals needed
- You already have experience in directing and defining projects, collecting requirements, designing process solutions,
- Practical mindset: you’re able to find practical and simple solutions to complex problems, without sacrificing any quality or core functionality,
- Analytical skills: you are able to utilise solid problem-solving, and communication skills to influence process change,
- You’re a great communicator: you’re confident when communicating, especially with varying levels of seniority, within a large organisation,
- You’re an agile, forward-thinking innovator: you’re able to thrive with your team, even as you manage occasional ambiguity and/or conflicting priorities and demands,
- Flexible approach to work: you commit the time required to get the job done properly, and you’re willing, and able to carry out flexible schedules and shifts,
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR C.V. IN ENGLISH
- Ideally you will have experience of lean manufacturing techniques/six sigma
- Ideally you will have experience of managing 3rd party contract resource arrangements
“Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our growth. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. See why diversity is important to us at amazon.com/diversity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.”